In Episode 3, “Does Wine Get Better With Age?”, the discussion touched on how to store wine for aging — because you can’t age wine without proper storage. So, in this episode, you learn the fundamentals of proper storage.
Wine is perishable, just like food, and, also just like food, it needs to be properly stored even if only for a few hours.
In this episode, you learn how and why to protect a bottle of wine from the five elements can adversely affect a bottle of wine:
– Extreme temperature
– Strong odors
Some of the specifics that are covered:
– How humidity — or lack of it — can change the size of the cork and allow air to get into a bottle of wine.
– Why wine bottles are traditionally kept on their side — and why you don’t need to do that.
– The best temperature range for wine.
– Why you should keep wine away from constant light.
– The effect of vibration on wine
– Why wine shouldn’t be kept with smelly items.
– When a typical food refrigerator is fine for storing wine, and when it is not.
– The ideal places and conditions to store wine over the long term.
– Why you should put red wine in the refrigerator.
– When you should take wines out of the refrigerator.
Have a question, comment, or idea for an upcoming episode? Email me at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 917-727-9242